SAM Medical Introduces Hi-Viz Blue to its SAM XT Extremity Tourniquet Product Family
WILSONVILLE, Ore., Feb. 21, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — SAM Medical, an industry leader in the pre-hospital, trauma care market, today released the new Hi-Viz Blue (SAM XT-B) colorway to its credentialed SAM XT extremity tourniquet product line. The Hi-Viz Blue is the third color offering for the SAM XT, which joins the Tactical Black and Hi-Viz Orange products. The addition of the new colorway emphasizes the company’s continued efforts to deliver safe, easy and effective bleeding control resources in strategic markets across the U.S. and internationally.
Online press kit for the SAM XT: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4layrobbft9aewm/AAAQv2UTaIC-n9lvf1CeYZ5ia?dl=0
Trauma related injuries are the leading cause of death for individuals up to the age of 45 years within the U.S., causing more than 5 million deaths per year worldwide. With the expanded color offerings, first responders and bystanders can now use different versions for various scenarios, such as having designated colors for training or for the all too common unexpected trauma incidents.
“Each year, thousands of lives are lost as a result of uncontrolled hemorrhage of an extremity,” said Lance Hopman, director of research and development for SAM Medical. “The SAM XT was created to help close the critical time gap from when an injury occurs and when professional medical help arrives to the scene. By overcoming slack issues, which is the main cause of traditional tourniquet failure among less skilled users, anyone can easily be trained to use the SAM XT on a trauma victim, effectively stop blood loss and ultimately help to save a life. Our new SAM XT Hi-Viz Blue offers another option for those in harm’s way.”
In addition to its new colorway, SAM Medical is also proud to announce it obtained a National Stock Number (NSN) for the SAM XT Tactical Black. The NSN signifies the item as standard military equipment and provides evidence for its repeat purchase, issue and use throughout the federal supply system.
SAM XT Features
The SAM XT Hi-Viz Blue offers all of the benefits of the SAM XT extremity tourniquet product line including:
- Rapid Application: SAM XT’s innovative design requires fewer windlass turns and adjustments that enables easier, faster training and intuitive use.
- Slack Control: Slack is the main cause of failed tourniquet application. SAM XT’s TRUFORCE™ Buckle technology auto-locks to eliminate nearly all tourniquet slack by incorporating innovative baseline force control, activating locking prongs.
- Durability: Meets MIL-STD 810G standards for increased durability.
- Distributed Pressure and Support: Made of 100% nylon, SAM XT’s TRUFLEX™ Plate distributes force as targeted circumferential pressure while providing additional support for the metal windlass rod.
- Reliable Strength and Stability: The metal windlass rod is machined of lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum, giving it reliable strength and stability.
- Weather-Resistant Material: The weather-resistant, night vision-optimized time band allows reliable and secure usage in all environments.
- All-Weather Precision Strap: The all-weather precision strap is made of single-layer nylon webbing and features intervaled holes that allow the TRUFORCE™ Buckle to lock securely in place at the proper amount of pressure.
SAM XT Hi-Viz Blue Availability
The SAM XT Hi-Viz Blue will be available for purchase beginning March 1, 2018. To see it in action prior to release, the SAM Medical team will be at EMS Today 2018 at booth 1334 demonstrating its latest product improvements, including the new SAM XT Hi-Viz Blue as well as the SAM Splint, SAM Pelvic Sling II, SAM Chest Seal, SAM Junctional Tourniquet, ChitoSAM 100 and SAM Soft Shell.
About SAM Medical
For over 30 years, SAM Medical has a developed and manufactured innovative medical products used for military, law enforcement, emergency, wilderness and sports medicine, and pre-hospital care around the world. A resounding favorite of medical professionals, SAM Medical’s lineup of products is engineered to preserve life. Innovations include SAM XT Extremity Tourniquet, SAM Splint, SAM Chest Seal, SAM Junctional Tourniquet, SAM Pelvic Sling, ChitoSAM, and SAM Soft Shell Splint. For more information, visit sammedical.com
DIRECTOR OF SALES
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sam-medical-introduces-hi-viz-blue-to-its-sam-xt-extremity-tourniquet-product-family-300601672.html
SOURCE SAM Medical